Sunday, August 29, 2010

Benternship July 12- DAY 13

This series documents a very special opportunity I had recently. I was accepted as an intern at a company in Oregon that provides naturalist-based guided tours in many different activities that travelers enjoy. All of the entries are taken directly from my makeshift journal, my camera, and my iPod video camera. Items in bold are not original to the journal, they have been added for clarity or reading enjoyment. You can decide which.

Today I headed out of Bend. It was an exciting and worthwhile trip to Central Oregon and I certainly gained a lot of knowledge to sort through once I get home. I met with Dave this morning at the office and we had a de-briefing. I felt that there were lots of things that we both received from my working with his company over the past two weeks and I'm proud of that. I greatly look forward to using the momentum gained from this experience in the future to help start my own outdoor-oriented company.

After leaving Bend, I headed up the highway toward Portland. The next few hours (3 total) provided me with views of Oregon I didn't know existed! The drive was a highlight of the day for sure, and I took lots of videos to prove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment