Friday, April 1, 2011

5k Challenge update: April Fool's Day run

Well, I had been sick the past two weeks so I hadn't been running lately. I hadn't planned on taking two weeks from my routine but this body of mine was not giving up the sore throat/stuffy nose/achy body very easily. Anyhow, I finally felt good enough to get out this afternoon with Graham & Jake doggers and we went to Dorris Ranch, a local Filbert (hazelnut) Orchard near the house. Running at the Ranch is always fun for the three of us; I like the soft, crunchy leaves that insulate my footsteps and Graham & Jake like chasing the gray squirrels that run through the orchard.

Today was the 23rd run of the year for me and boy was it overdue...the running felt easy, fast and relaxed. For me I think it was the perfect combination of feelings to make a really enjoyable run. More to come this weekend, though I don't plan on bringing the dogs again soon...they're still panting from this run!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment