Monday, November 7, 2011

5k Challenge Update: Klamath Falls run


As I ran my most recent 5k the other day, I couldn’t help but think- “MAN, it’s getting cold out here!” Perhaps it was because I had just woken up from a long nap, but I wager it was almost certainly because it was 28 degrees outside! Klamath Falls sits at 5,000’ and it had been snowing most of the day before I went out. Though nearly all of the snow had melted, the moisture was still on the ground providing plenty of opportunities for me to slip and hurt myself.

It didn’t help that I was running in the dark. Or maybe it did. Because it was so dark out, I couldn’t differentiate the ice from the bike path, which undoubtedly made me faster, if not more foolish for being out in such conditions. But I’d made a commitment: to you, to myself. I honestly don’t know how many more of these 5ks I have to do this year to make 100, but I’m not quite there yet. Not yet.

I’ll keep running until something in my brain realizes that I’ve fulfilled my goal- 100 5ks in a calendar year. Until that point, I’m putting my nose to the grindstone and getting out there to make resolution come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment