Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Ikenick SnoPark Adventure

Claire & I took the doggers yesterday to play in the snow on the Santiam Pass. We drove about 70 miles before we came to the first SnoPark, an ODOT parking lot that is plowed so people like us can park off the road and play safely away from the traffic. We really like Ikenick as it's the closest SnoPark to our house and it's never very busy. When we arrived it was about 30 degrees and the snow was just starting to come down.

We got dressed and tromped around for about an hour and a half, enjoying the first heavy snowfall in the Cascades of the year. We loved checking out the dogs' athleticism as they cruised around the trees and over big snow piles. They were definitely having a great time playing in the cold stuff.


I'll let the video describe the rest of the trip...


If you like this video and this blog entry (or ANY of my others!) I encourage you to leave a comment letting me know. Thanks, Andy.


Have you enjoyed the outdoors today?


1 comment:

  1. Didn't watch your video (although I would have enjoyed it I'm sure) but don't like to sign up for things where it looks like I may get ads in my email - I think Oregon's snow park are wonderful and have one about 45 minutes from my house - Enjoyed your blog today - Thanks!

    ReplyDelete