Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Benternship July 1- DAY 2


This series documents a very special opportunity I had recently. I was accepted as an intern at a company in Oregon that provides naturalist-based guided tours in many different activities that travelers enjoy. All of the entries are taken directly from my makeshift journal, my camera, and my iPod video camera. Items in bold are not original to the journal, they have been added for clarity or reading enjoyment. You can decide which.

8:00 a.m.
Sure miss CTR (Claire); last night was probably too cold for her though, it was 40 degrees at 7:45 this morning when I woke. Off to take some photos...the Dee Wright Observatory for breakfast with a view!

The Dee Wright Observatory is located on the historic McKenzie Pass Highway 242 in Lane/Deschutes County. This viewpoint is a favorite stop for me anytime I'm up that way, with incredible views of 7-10 cascade peaks most days. Here's a website from the USGS with more info.:

http://vulcan.wr.usgs.gov/Volcanoes/Oregon/HighCascades/dee_wright_observatory.html

No comments:

Post a Comment